Save the Date! The 2013 Annual Gretna Theatre Gala
will be October 12 at The Hotel Hershey!
Our 2012 Gala raised more than $80,000 for Gretna Theatre programs!
Many THANKS to all who participated!
- Peg Perego John Deere Gator XUV 550 hauls toys, leaves, and MORE! Carries two riders at once! With dump bed, cup holder & horn, 2 speed (2 1/4 to 4 1/2 mph, forward & reverse) and with the 12V rechargeable battery included, this Gator comes fully assembled. Valued at $460, this all-new riding toy is the perfect vehicle for little helpers! Donated to the Gretna Theatre Gala by Barry & Sue Ansel.
Indy Style Open-Wheel Racing Experience! Mario Andretti racing school for one plus a 3-night stay for 2 at a Hyatt Place & airfare for 2 on American Airlines with your choice of sites and speedways (pending availability) including California, Atlanta, Charlotte, Texas and others! WOW! Expires 10/13/2013. A priceless one-of-a-kind adventure donated to the Gretna Gala by Wendie and Steve Holsinger!
Florida Vacation Villa for Four! 2 bedroom, 2 bath villa at the Parkway International Resort for up to 4 people in Kissimmee, FL to be used for a full week from Friday 4/26/2013 thru Friday 5/3/2013 only, and valued at $750. Resort amenities include: swimming pool, tennis court, outdoor hot tub, electronic game room, barbecue and picnic area, poolside bar and grill, fitness room, children’s playground and children’s pool, nature trails, shuffleboard, Wi-Fi access. This resort villa is close to Disney and all the Orlanda theme parks, outlet shopping, golf, and lots of other attractions! And don’t miss out on the Old Town of Kissimmee itself. Lots to do, lots to see in Kissimmee! This vacation donated to our fundraiser by Steve & Anita Winkler and Tom & Janice Dunlevy.
Philadelphia Eagles LeSean McCoy Autographed Football! Donated by the LeSean McCoy foundation to our Gala Auction, this is piece of sports memorabilia that is priceless to the true fan! Comes with its own lucite display case.
Pampered Palates and Unique Limousine team up for an exquisite dinner for four prepared at your home or the facility of your choice, and with limousine service for you and/or your guests. Why worry about driving home after a terrific meal? This wonderful experience is donated by Bruce & Sharyn Cohen of Pampered Palates and Tracy Salinger-Long of Unique Limousine to help the cause of Gretna Theatre!
Christie’s NYC Auction House Tour! 4 people will enjoy a private tour of Christie’s in New York City, one of the oldest names in fine auction houses in the world, having begun in London in the 1750s! Christie’s auctions everything from fine art to high-end real estate and has salesrooms and offices in 32 countries around the world. This donation by Christie’s is another great experience to benefit the Gretna Gala!
Sotheby’s Tour and Lunch with Leslie Keno!
New York City Audition Experience for Two! OMG! Get the inside scoop on what it takes to appear on the Gretna Theatre stage. Join producing artistic director Larry Frenock and the rest of the theatre staff to sit in on NYC auditions, and join them for dinner afterward. Amtrak fare, hotel for two nights and dinner are included in this priceless adventure. Arrive at your leisure via Amtrak on Sunday and check in to your hotel; experience a day of open auditions at Nola Studios on 54th Street where many a Broadway show has held its rehearsals, enjoy dinner with Larry and the staff, see auditions by appointment from Broadway veterans to those just beginning the next day. Also includes a $50 dining certificate from Mario’s in the Bronx. The first person waiting on the line that stretched around the block last year arrived at 4AM to secure her spot to audition! Auditions are tentatively slated for March 11 & 12, 2013. This one-of-a-kind experience is donated by Patrick & Linda Castagna in support of Gretna Theatre.
Hey! Mr. Producer! Yeah - I’m talkin’ to you sir! (Or Ma’am!) Become a Gretna Theatre 2013 Show Producer! Your Producer package includes: The opportunity for four to attend the local auditions in Mt. Gretna in February and/or March; Four to enjoy a cocktail party with members of the Board of Directors, Gretna Theatre staff and local artists; Four to attend the first read-thru of the show you are producing; be a named producer of the show in the season playbill and on the house board; have four tickets to the opening night of the show; be recognized on stage before each performance of the show and join Larry Frenock on stage pre-show; have a guided tour backstage and enjoy the opening night reception with the cast, staff and crew. Also included will be an autographed poster of the show and autographed playbill of the show. This is a $2,500 value – and may be priceless to the right person. Come on – Be an Angel!
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort is a family and luxury vacation destination on 2,000 wooded acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania. Enjoy the luxurious Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond Falling Rock boutique hotel for an overnight stay including breakfast for two with resort fee and taxes included. This package is valued at over $1,000 and is donated by the resort. A basket of Nemacolin logo items will be yours to take away from our Gretna Gala to enjoy while you decide when to go!
Washington, DC Trip! A two-night stay at the Hotel Madera in the Dupont Circle area of Washington, DC, plus a $100 dining certificate to any of the Richard Sandoval Restaurants including Zengo in Washington, DC, AND a $100 Gift Certificate for a show of your choice at Washington DC’s Kennedy Center. What a terrific getaway donated by the Hotel Madera, the Sandoval Restaurants and Fred & Judy Horowitz.
Hotel Hershey Chef’s Dinner for Ten! A seven-course with four wines private dinner for 10 by Hotel Hershey Executive Chef, Ken Gladysz. Enjoy this sublime experience at the Hotel Hershey or at a private residence. You and your guests will thrill to the expertise and good taste of the four-star, four-diamond rated Hotel Hershey and its fine staff. Valued at $1,750 this glorious gastronomic experience is donated by the Hotel Hershey.
Cheasapeake Bay Sport-Fishing Trip for Three! Join Capt. Fitzpatrick for a day of trolling on his 18-ft. Crestliner. Rods, bait & lunch provided, leaving from Annapolis or Chesapeake Beach. This sporting experience is valued at $800 and is donated by Barclay Fitzpatrick & Family.
New Hampshire Summer Vacation Week for SIX! Enjoy the Mountain View Resort in North Conway, New Hampshire for the week of Sunday June 16 to Sunday June 23, 2013. On-site amenities include Pool/Hot Tub, Tennis, Basketball, Gameroom, Fitness Center, Cross Country Skiing/Hiking Trails, Wifi in the Club House and Playground with Swing Set. Conway Lake, Echo Lake nearby feature swimming, boating, fishing.
Mollie B Pendant & Earrings Set! This $2,000 Pendant & Earrings Set is an 18k 2-tone 7×5 rhodolite garnet pendant with 2 diamonds and 18k 2-tone matching earrings. This lovely jewelry has been donated to glitter at our Gala by Mollie B Distinctively Different Fine Jewelry. Any woman would be glad of this gorgeous jewelry – subtle hint, eh?
Hershey Bears Suite at the Giant Center! Grab your friends and bid on this 16-seat PNC Founder’s Suite at the Giant Center for one Hershey Bears’ 2012-2013 season game! Five parking passes are included; catering is not. This gift to Gretna Theatre’s Gala from PNC Bank is valued at $1,200 and is not one to be missed. Suit up and fight for your goal! Just LOOK at some of the amazing Gifts, Goods, Trips and Experiences we have for our Live and Silent Auctions! Many more items not pictured here including area Restaurant Gift Certificates, Artwork, Gift Baskets, Clothing and Accessories, Sports Memorabilia, Sporting Events, Experiences….and more! Note that some items will be bundled with other complementary items as a package. What do YOU want to bid on at the Gala?!? (Click on any image to see the entire photo)
- 6:00 pm Arrival at the Hotel Hershey. Register and receive your bidder number, auction catalogue and dinner seating location.
- 6:00 – 7:30 pm Champagne Reception with served hors d’oeuvres in the elegant Fountain Court Lobby, bidding on Silent Auction Items, taking your chances on the Wingspan Raffle (much like a Chinese Auction with many items/baskets on which to place a chance), and purchase of Treasure Chest Keys (to try in the lock of the chest containing $1,000 cold hard cash!!).
- 7:10 pm The “1,000 Series” of the silent auction tables closes – watch out you are not beaten out for the items you bid on!
- 7:20 pm The “2,000 Series” of the silent auction tables closes – watch it! Snipers can sneak up and put a final bid after you if you are not watching!
- 7:30 pm The “3,000 Series” of the silent auction tables closes – Last chance to get a great deal on these terrific items!
- 7:45 pm Welcoming remarks. Wine, Dinner & Dessert is served. During Dinner we will pull the tickets of the lucky winners of the Wingspan Raffle for each item/basket of goodies, we will hold the Restaurant Bidding Frenzy (bid on gift certificates to your favorite area restaurants!), the Live Auction of extra-special items, the Fund-an-Item Appeal (to help fund programs for students at Gretna Theatre) and the opening of the Treasure Chest (try your key to see if you’ve won!).
- Check out – Three checkout lines will be open in order to pay for your silent and live auction winnings. Cash, Checks and Credit Cards (MC/Visa/Disc/Amex) are accepted for payment. Items may not be retrieved until paid for.