SAVE THE DATE!
THE 30TH ANNIVERSARY GRETNA THEATRE GALA IS SATURDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2014!
Mail in the reply card, call us in the office at 717-964-3322 or CLICK HERE TO ORDER ONLINE!
The lineup of events:
The lovely Fountain Court at the Hotel Hershey is the setting for the first part of our Gala – the Champagne Reception begins at 5:30 pm with over twenty tables of silent auction items, valued between $25 and $2,000! Then we move into the Garden Terrace Ballroom for wine, dinner, dessert plus the Wine Basket Card Game winner drawing, the live auction of everything from fabulous jewelry to travel adventures and the opening of the Treasure Chest filled with $1,000 in cold, hard cash for the lucky key holder!
The following are a few of OUR LIVE AUCTION ITEMS and below that a gallery of just a few of the items that are up for bid at the Silent Auction tables! We ALWAYS encourage getting together with your friends and family to decide what you are going to bid on BEFORE you get to the Gala!
New York City Audition Experience for Two!
Costa Rica All-Inclusive - 5-Night Stay at Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa with Airfare for 2
Imagine a private beach with shimmering tropical waters and lush exotic flora embellishing secluded pathways and hiking trails. This upscale all-inclusive resort offers dining options to suit the most discerning diners, including a la carte dining, a buffet restaurant, and a beautiful swim-up bar. Food, cocktails, beer, specialty beverages and soft drinks are included.
Richard & Mollie Bronstein.
Have a seat at our auction!
Finely crafted Louis-style Bergere frame has been finished with a heavily carved and lacquered “stone” finish and meticulously upholstered by Neil Choquette in cut velvet on a striated background (fabric by Kravet).
ATTENTION SPORTS ENTHUSIASTS: FRANCO HARRIS AUTOGRAPHED 16X20 FRAMED PHOTO!
ROCK ‘N ROLLERS: BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN / JON BON JOVI DELUXE FRAMED PHOTO WITH LASER ENGRAVED AUTOGRAPHS!
Wine, Wine and More Wine!
Using a standard deck of 52 playing cards – each card purchased becomes a chance to win a huge selection of 22 wines from around the world. Buy one card for $40 or two for $60 and become part of a very select group having the chance to win this prize! Winner announced before the live auction! Over $500 worth of wine, (22 bottles!) all rated 90 points or higher by Wine Spectator or Wine Aficionado. unless otherwise noted.
Our list of fine wines are:
- From Argentina, Mascota Vineyards 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon
- From California, Sonoma-Loeb Chardonnay, 2012
- From Spain, Liberalia Tres, 2009
- From Oregon, Williamette, Pinot Noir, 2010
- From France, Bourgogne Chardonnay, 2012
- From Spain, Valserrano Crianza, 2010
- From California, Rutherford Sauvignon Blanc, 2013
- From New Mexico, Gruet Brut Sparkling Wine
- From Portugal, Meandro Do Vale Meao, 2011
- From California, Oak Ridge 2012 Ancient Vine Zinfandel
- From Oregon, Coelho Pinot Nor, 2011
- From Australia, Mt. Monster Cabernet, 2012
- From California, Olema Chardonnay, 2012
- From France, Chateau La Papeterie, 2010
- From California, Beaucanon Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, 2012
- From Italy, Leone D’Oro, 2009
- From California, Courtney Benham, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2012
- From Greece, Assyrtiko Santorini, 2013
- From California, Martin Ray Russian River Valley Chardonnay, 2013
- From California, Dominican Oaks, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2011
- From Annville, Adams Vinters Select Sauvignon Blanc, *unrated
- From Annville, Adams Vinters Select Cabernet Sauvignon, *unrated
Just LOOK at some of the amazing Gifts, Goods, Trips and Experiences we have for our Silent Auctions! Many more items not pictured here including area Restaurant Gift Certificates, Artwork, Gift Baskets, Clothing and Accessories, Sports Memorabilia, Sporting Events, Experiences….and more! Note that some items will be bundled with other complementary items as a package. What do YOU want to bid on at the Gala?!? (Click on any image to see the entire photo. Note some Live Auction items are pictured below as well.)
Additional Silent Auction items not shown above include (in no particular order):
- INN AT PERRY CABIN, ST. MICHAELS, MD $500 GIFT CERTIFICATE
- STAN MUSIAL AND YOGI BERRA AUTOGRAPHED FRAMED COLLAGE
- CONGRESS HALL, CAPE MAY GIFT CERTIFICATE
- RORY MCILRON AUTOGRAPHED FRAMED PHOTO
- Ephrata Performing Arts Center THEATRE GIFT CERTIFICATE FOR 2 TICKETS
- VALESKA JEWELRY, LANCASTER $100 GIFT CERTIFICATE
- VINCENT & COMPANY FINE JEWELERS, LANCASTER $100 GIFT CERTIFICATE
- HILTON GARDEN INN PHILADELPHIA, 2 NIGHT STAY
- SONESTA HOTEL PHILADELPHIA, 1 NIGHT STAY WITH BREAKFAST FOR 2
- 4 HERSHEY BEARS CLUB SEATS & PARKING PASSES
- MUNN’S DIAMOND GALLERY PENDANT AND EARRINGS
- 4 PHILLIES TICKETS, 100 LEVEL, ALONG 1ST BASE LINE
- FAIRVIEW GOLF PACKAGE
- JACKIE ROBINSON TRIBUTE – DELUXE FRAMED COLLAGE WITH PHOTO
- MT. GRETNA LAKE AND BEACH PASSES VALUED AT $480
- PHILADELPHIA DOWNTOWN MARRIOTT ONE-NIGHT GETAWAY VALUED AT $259
- Round of Golf for 4 (Cart and Green Fees) LEBANON COUNTRY CLUB valued at $350
- 2 WALNUT STREET THEATRE Tickets, Philadelphia, valued at $185.50
- 2 BRISTOL RIVERSIDE THEATRE Tickets, Bristol, PA valued at $92
- 5 Ice Skating Passes w/ Skate Rental at KLICK LEWIS ARENA, Palmyra, valued at-$4
- CHESAPEAKE BAY FISHING TRIP – 3 to join Board Member Barclay Fitzpatrick to fish on the Bay in his 18 foot Crestliner. Valued at $800. Rods, Bait and Lunch provided! (Auction Winner must purchase Maryland Fishing License on Line.)
The 2014 Schedule of Events on Saturday, October 11:
5:30 pm Arrival at the Hotel Hershey. Register and receive your bidder number, auction catalogue and dinner seating location.
5:30 – 7:00 pm Champagne Reception with served hors d’oeuvres in the elegant Fountain Court Lobby, bidding on Silent Auction Items, purchase your Playing Cards for a chance to win a huge basket of premium wines from around the world, and purchase of Treasure Chest Keys (to try in the lock of the chest containing $1,000 cold hard cash!!).
6:40 pm The first set of eight silent auction tables close (“1,000 Series”) Don’t let anyone beat your bid for the items you want!
6:50 pm The second set of eight silent auction tables close (“2,000 Series”) Watch it! Snipers can sneak up and put a final bid after you if you are not careful!
7:00 pm The third and final set of silent auction tables closes (“3,000 Series”) Last chance to get a great deal on these terrific items!
7:00 pm We move into the Garden Terrace Ballroom to be seated at our tables. Welcoming remarks. Wine, Dinner & Dessert is served. During Dinner we will have the Card Game to find the winner of the International Wine Basket, we will hold the Restaurant Row Bidding Frenzy (bid on gift certificates to your favorite area restaurants!), the Live Auction of extra-special items, the Fund-an-Item Appeal (to help fund programs for students at Gretna Theatre) and the opening of the Treasure Chest (try your key to see if you’ve won!).
Check out – Three checkout lines will be open in order to pay for your silent and live auction winnings. Cash, Checks and Credit Cards (MC/Visa/Disc/Amex) are accepted for payment. Items may not be retrieved until paid for.